Monday, February 21, 2011

Figurate Language

In "Put Your Money Where Their Mouths Are," the article I am analyzing for my Rhetorical Analysis, some different forms of figurative language are used.  He uses an allusion to the Christmas Carol in the following sentence: "Look, I feel like Scrooge when I speak out against bans on sweatshops on on child labor."  He also used alliteration in the phrase "high horses." He also has a negative tone towards people who are working to ban child labor which persuades the audience to also think poorly on them.  These are the examples of figurative language that I found in my paper.

3 comments:

  1. Good work! I like the Scrooge reference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree--I like the Scrooge reference! If you didn't mention it in your essay, maybe you should! Sounds great!

    MEB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah i bet it was exciting to have such a clear reference to an allusion in your paper haha. your lucky! very nice job analyzing though!

    ReplyDelete