Saturday, February 26, 2011

Peer Reviews & RA

I really enjoyed doing this peer review.  I thought it was a lot more helpful than the last one.  I liked having more than one person read it because it gave me a chance to hear the input of a few different people, and some people had different opinions than others.  I really enjoyed the whole process of writing the Rhetorical Analysis (as much as you can enjoy writing an English paper.)  I liked how we had the two previous rough drafts due again.  It helped me to work on my paper over a longer period of time.  I was also able to take my paper to writing lab again which I found super helpful.  They had a lot of good ideas for me to think about applying to my paper.  I also liked being able to go into the supplemental guide and read an example of a Rhetorical Analysis.  I have never written one before, and I  was not quite sure what was expected of me.  However, reading the RA example gave me an idea of where to start and how to go about writing and organizing my paper.  Overall, I thought the whole process went really well.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked peer reviews too! It had a different feel that the last one, and that was probably a good thing. We spent so much time reading last time that I felt we didn't have a lot of time to actually talk about the papers. This time, the group input was a huge help and I loved it. I also liked having multiple drafts too. Though it equates in more work, it also means that we're constantly improving. Good luck on your paper!

    -mmg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed having the rough drafts due. I see such a huge difference in my writing now because I have time to go back and change things, but I can still maintain my bad habit of procrastination! I too had never written a rhetorical analysis before, and found it challenging because I didn't know where to start. I also found examples very helpful, I just we had talked about what we were supposed to do more in depth during class.

    jcm

    ReplyDelete