Saturday, January 29, 2011

OpEd Reflection

I thought that the process of the Opinion Editorial went very well.  I liked that we had two rough drafts due before the final paper.  This motivated me to work on my paper over a longer period of time instead of just writing one copy and handing that in.  I also liked having the conference with the professor.  It was nice to be able to get feedback from the person who is actually grading your paper so that you know what things you need to improve on.  I also really liked going to the writing center.  I thought that it was very helpful.  I wasn't expecting them to tell me to change as many things as they did, but all of their advice really made sense and made my paper a lot better.  Next time, I will probably not wait until the day before the final draft is due to go!  It was kind of tough having to change so much the night before it was due.  Overall, I really liked writing the Opinion Editorial.  I thought it was as fun as writing an english paper can be, and it was very different from the kinds of papers that I was expected to write in high school.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. Having the person grading our papers and giving us feedback was really helpful. I also agree that the writing center was helpful. Although the professor's thoughts were important, I think that the more people that give you feedback, the better.
    -csm

    ReplyDelete