Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What do I want to do with my life...

Right now I am in the pre-nursing major, and I am hoping to get into the nursing program at BYU.  Before I graduate, I would really love to spend a semester in Madrid.  I've taken five years of Spanish, and I think spending some time in Spain would be a great opportunity to learn more about the culture and work on becoming fluent.  After I get my degree in nursing, I want to move to South America!  It is my dream to live a simple life on a beautiful beach and spend my days working with the poor.  That is the main reason I wanted to go into nursing.. so I could help to provide healthcare for those who otherwise would not have any.  At some point, I would like to become a physicians assistant, but I also want to raise a family so I might end up waiting until I am older to do that.  I want to have children of my own, but I have always wanted to adopt as well.  When I was younger, I wanted to start my own orphanage, but I don't know how realistic that is.  It would probably be very expensive! I want to spend my time here traveling, learning about different cultures, raising a family, and just really experiencing life!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, Kimberly--usually I hear of people either wanting to live a simple life on the beach OR wanting to help the poor, but both at once is a great twist :-).

    -cbh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I would love to live in a different country. I think that helping people who have less than you is such a worthy cause. I totally respect you!
    -NS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I think it will be a really cool experience!!

    ReplyDelete